My Small World - Finished At Last!

Look, look, look!


It's finally, actually finished!  This was one of my oldest works-in-progress and had been put away several times due to mental block. I still don't agree with all my choices but I'm so glad to have it off my list and done!

I experimented with it by adding some hand-quilting.  I love the texture it gives the quilt so I'm adding "hand-quilt an entire quilt" to my "someday" list.  My favorite piece is still the rainbow.


Another first for this quilt is the permanent hanging sleeve I put on the back.  This is going to be hung up over my cutting table (as soon as I find a rod I like to do so with) and it's a little too big for my normal process of safety pins and command hooks.  Putting on the sleeve was easier than I expected - please enjoy the artistic shot of the back my aspiring photographer took for me (we were shooting between rainstorms so I couldn't have him reshoot).


The pattern for this is My Small World by Jen Kingwell.  You can read more about my version of the quilt here.  Now I'm off to shop for a curtain rod!

Comments