WIP Walk of Shame - Revisited

At the beginning of this month, I took a walk through my WIP Walk of Shame - projects that haven't been touched yet this year.  I proudly stated that I would make progress on at least three of them.

I started with a rainbow for my Rainbow Blossom quilt!  I printed this pattern (not available currently) back in March when Kristy sent an updated version of it, and I'm not sure why I took so long to piece it up.  It came together quickly and I enjoyed the chance to sew the curved pieces - my sewing life needs more curves!


Making this rainbow did exactly what I was hoping to accomplish with this goal: I laid it out with the rest of the quilt, looked at the blocks left in the quilt along, and planned out the next six I need to put together.  This leaves one corner empty but I'll figure it out when I get to that point!


After I did that, I couldn't get the orange feather out of my head.  So I grabbed my yellow and orange scrap bins and just kept going!  Kristy is releasing a fabric line in July and I'm planning on grabbing a bunch for the backing and binding on this quilt; I think that's all the motivation I need to keep piecing this!


Also from the file of "that pattern has been printed HOW long?", I offer up the Sparkler Block from the 2019 Summer Sampler.  For this one, the stumbling block was choosing the right fabrics to get the transparent effect.  Once I finally picked that, the block came together in a snap!


Last, but definitely not least, a block for my long-neglected Quilt of Doom.  After this, I only need to make one more paper-pieced block and a half-dozen books and all the bookshelves will be done!


BONUS: Honeypot Sampler.  Working on this one wasn't even on my radar, but my little guy was looking over my shoulder while I was scrolling Instagram and fell in love with a block so we have been slowly putting it together.  Not much to see, but it is progress!

I didn't set out to only do paper-pieced blocks, but those were the ones that were calling my name.  I was alternating these blocks with traditionally pieced blocks and I really feel like that's the way to go now - break it up and do a little of everything!

I'm linking up my successful finish at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
Great blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!
Anne-Marie said…
You did great! Lots of progress.