I Guess I Needed Those Extra Days

You may have noticed that I didn't have a celebratory post in February for the completion of my monthly goal.  What happened?  I spent a lot of time sewing blocks for sew-alongs, while telling myself that I could get my goal done in a day, I just needed to give myself a day.  And then, tragedy.  I set out to sew it all up on Sunday the 24th and I didn't have enough fabric to finish it up!  I changed the cutting instructions from the pattern to make half-circles instead of quarter circles and it was just enough to sabotage myself.  I jumped online to buy more instantly, but it didn't get here until the second.  On the plus side, I was able to finish it in two days of sewing!  Anyway, lesson learned: start the monthly goal earlier!


This top has been set aside for now because I need to find the perfect backing fabric for it.  Instead, my goal for March is to finish the Modern Fans quilt top that's been done since November.  My quilt guild challenged us to "try new things" in 2019, so I've bought some flannel to back it with.  I'm excited to see how it quilts up!



Wish me luck!  If this trend continues, you'll see the Paper Round quilt back on this blog in June!  I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Fun quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!