November Quilt Goal Report

It's been a crazy month - I'm working more than I'm sewing and we've had a lot of family time with the holiday.  I also had a sewing block, which I worked through by cleaning up the piles of fabric left behind by several projects and getting myself a special early Christmas present.  This was an ambitious goal month for me - I had three things I wanted to accomplish.

My first goal was to finish my Modern Fans top, and I'm happy to say that I did!  I made it in time to be eligible for the grand prize of the sew along, and while I didn't win it felt good to finish on track.  It was a little windy when we were trying to take the picture and my helper wasn't feeling very helpful - I'll get a better one when it's all finished.


My second goal was to finish my Dwight the Deer pillow, and I was also able to do this as well - I put the last stitch into the binding on Thanksgiving Eve.  He got a full blog post to himself, but here's his picture again.


My final goal was to quilt at least one of my Tula Pink patchwork tops.  This goal underwent a bit of a transformation.  First, I don't really need two baby quilts so I decided to just stitch these together and get a more modern half blue, half green top.  This made it huge and more useful for my family (everyone always fights over the bigger-sized quilt tops!).  Second, my machine was acting up when I free-motion quilted Dwight and there were a lot of little knots on the back.  This has been an ongoing problem with quilting on my little starter machine, despite being cleaned out thoroughly by myself and having a professional tune-up.  So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade my machine.  It was a long week waiting for it to arrive, and when it did I immediately started free-motion quilting.


There were a few user-error bugs, but I am thrilled with how easily it quilts and how lovely the back looks!  Now I'm just waiting for the binding fabric I ordered on Black Friday to arrive!  I'll be back with a finished picture of it as soon as I'm able.  I'm linking up my successes with Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
Such wonderful projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.
Kathy S. said…
Congrats on your "buck". What a fun finish during deer season. :)