Little Projects Everywhere!

All the snow we've been getting has made me lazy - case in point, I finished stitching up not one but TWO cross-stitch projects in the last two weeks, one a monthly stitch-along from 2018 and one a Christmas design that hadn't been touched in about 13 months.  As soon as I finish them, I'll share them here.  It's been hard to motivate myself to go downstairs and sew, although I generally find that once I'm down there I don't want to leave!  Here's some of the progress I've made sewing in small chunks.

First, is my scrappy trip around the world.  I'm six blocks in and loving the way all the fabrics are playing together.  I found a backing for this quilt in my stash (bought for a different project online but didn't match it well enough once it arrived) which makes me more excited to work on this.  The picture doesn't quite do the snow we've gotten justice - it was reaching the top of my boots today, which is about 12" from just last night!


Next is my Rainbow Blossom Quilt, my block-of-the-month for 2019!  I decided to put all three of the February blocks on the front of my quilt.  I've got a plan to sew them together, but I need to make one more block before that can happen.


Finally, I started one more project - the Sweet Treat quilt-along.  This is also a stash-buster - I bought the aqua grunge for a different project almost two years ago and have accepted that I'm not going to make that one.  I'm playing with the pattern layout just a little bit - I had two fabric pulls for the ice cream trucks and couldn't decide which one I liked better so I just made them both.  Two trucks means everyone gets ice cream faster, right?  And I had so much fun making the trucks that I immediately made the creamsicle blocks for week two!


And that's it for now!  My lazy winter self is enjoying meeting the small goals I have set for myself.

Comments