One Quilty Goal - September

The great clean-out continues!  I told my mother-in-law that I was hoping to finish nine quilts by the end of the year and I'm off to a good start - Paper Round is done, I just got word that the quilting on my Sweet Treat is starting, and I'll drop off the Sleigh Bell Sampler when I pick that one up next week.  It will be wonderful to start 2020 with a much shorter WIP list!

Keeping up with that WIP list, I made a few random blocks this week.  First, a mint ice cream cone (my favorite!) for my Rainbow Blossom quilt.


Next, I saw a beautiful scrappy project on Instagram and was instantly smitten, but then I reminded myself that I am working on a scrappy trip around the world quilt so I don't really need another project like that.  As a result, I sewed a new block for that quilt - that's 9/16!


My Summer Sampler got a block.


And there are only 28 blocks to go in my Kinship sampler!  I'm too lazy for a big picture, but here's my most recent block.


But I decided to make my September goal a little harder.  The kids are back in school and I'm sewing a lot in between decluttering and cleaning.  My goal is to finish my Garden Party quilt top!  The hardest part will probably be figuring out the exact measurements of the blocks because of course I slightly altered the pattern and didn't write anything down.  This isn't a great picture, but it's too hard to move - my kids laid out the blocks for me.


I'm not going for a fully finished top, just a flimsy.  Kinship is next in the queue to be quilted by me - I want it done and done!  Linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts like always!

Comments

Patty said…
Great quilt blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
Danette said…
Love your mint ice cream cone. Good luck on finishing the quilt top. I have a similar quilt top completed, but of course it lays in my "to be quilted pile". I need to get it out.