2021 Monthly Recap: May

May is always a crazy cross-over month - I want to be outside enjoying the warm weather, but I also want to finish as much as possible before the kids are out of school for the summer.  I'm thrilled to have finished two old WIPs between long walks outside - maybe there is hope for my WIP list after all!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 15
WIP List at end of month: 14 (one needs binding, one is a finished top!)
Untouched in 2021: 5
Active QAL Projects: 1
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Forgotten Fat Quarter (December 2019)
Plaidish (June 2020)
Shades of Summer (May 2021) - A fun pattern test I can't share yet, but here's a sneak peek of the colors and the quilting.


Quilts Started
Garden Party - A new version of Chalk Stars!

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Sparrow Party - This quilt-along just flew by!  I didn't make all the weekly deadlines, but my quilt top was finished on time (that's my favorite part of quilt-alongs!).


Arkansas Traveler Block - A block for my 2019 Summer Sampler.  There's a new Summer Sampler Quilt-Along starting up next week, and while I don't plan on joining I would like to finish my in-progress quilt.  This block from the ramp up series caught my eye and demanded to be made, leaving me with only five more blocks to go!


Kitchen Sink - This one needs a better name.  It is home from the quilters and GORGEOUS!  It's also huge so the hand-binding is going to take a couple of weeks to get done.

Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Temperature Quilt 2018 - I revisited this project and wrote up a tutorial explaining how I made the quilt project in a new blog post!


A charity row for a guild challenge - We had two hours to make a 12"x36" row that incorporated the provided pink grunge fabric. There were other challenges added at various points, including adding a specific block (9-patch), an additional color (purple), and a new technique (improv). I think this turned out wonderfully and I'm excited to see it incorporated into a full quilt!


Whew!  What a busy month!  I'm trying to work on one project at a time, start to finish, and for now it's really working for me (the Arkansas Traveler block was a palette cleanser between two projects).  I've got lots of sewing and family fun in the pipeline for June, and I'll be back tomorrow with my third blog post in a row - don't get used to that!

Comments