Plaidish Moths

It's a cloudy, overcast day today, perfect for taking quilt photos outside!  Luckily for me, I had one that was waiting for a day just like this - Plaidish is done!


I promise that all my quilt pictures won't be in my backyard forever, but the quilt holder is new and my last two finishes were huge so I'm just getting used to using it!  My little quilt helpers also appreciate the new quilt stand. 

Just like my Forgotten Fat Quarter quilt, this top is entirely from my stash, but the focus for this one is Ruby Star and vintage Cotton and Steel fat quarters! The pattern is Plaidish by Kitchen Table Quilting, and I pulled from three main color groups: navy, pink, and low volume. This gives it a true "plaid" feeling both from a distance and up close!

I splurged on one of the new Ruby Star widebacks to finish my quilt.  Rise in dark teal matched the colors of my quilt top perfectly so it was an easy decision!  This quilt was professional long-armed by Lauren at Tekstil Crave and we chose the retro lines panto for it.  I wanted something angular to match the square piecing shapes and the tiny circles are just a little bit of fun! 

The binding is mustard yellow to match the quilting thread color.  I really like the tiny toothbrushes, not that this quilt really needed any more whimsy.  It's the cherry on top!

This quilt will be gifted - I did so well with giving away quilts in 2020 and I need to pick that back up for 2021.  It's also a milestone - it's the last of the quilts that I started in 2020 to be finished!  So glad that my pandemic year resulted in finishing everything I started!

Comments

Sharon Tucker said…
This is so pretty!! I love the Plaidish pattern and your color choices are perfect. Now I really want to make another one ;-)