2024 Monthly Recap Post: August

Summer is not letting go easily!  I survived whooping cough and a second degree burn (from cooking, not my iron!), but also went on two fun overnight trips and finished the Pebbled Prairie pattern, which is a jelly roll friendly pattern that will be released in early September, before National Jelly Roll Day! It's been a little slower on my over on my Instagram feed because so much time has been spent on my computer but I'm looking forward to sewing more in September after the kids go back to school.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 13
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2024: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished

Quilts Started
Christmas Memories - A new quilt-along that I'm doing with the Fat Quarter Shop for the new Halloween Memories book.

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
MMQG Sewing (Test Block Sampler and The Rest of the Quilt Back) - There's only one more month to go in this sampler.  This month I designed the diamond block and my row has the back from my 2018 Summer Sampler as the main fabric and a leftover piece of the yellow from my Hello Spring quilt as the accent.  I cut it a little close with the fabrics and just had just enough to finish the row.


Lemon Blossom Mystery Quilt - The binding is on and six of the sixteen motifs are finished.  I opted to go with matching thread and a simpler design, but I haven't ruled out going a little fancier in the feature blocks yet.  I'll make that decision when I get there!


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

And that's it!  A short report before I head out to see some rescheduled 4th of July fireworks!

Comments