Quilt Goals 2018

In 2017, I participated in All People Quilt UFO Challenge - basically I made a list of 12 UFOs and each month a number was randomly assigned to work on.  I liked having a list of projects on my wall and I did well at completing them:


I finished six of the quilts and made progress on five more of them - apologies to the last one!  It's still a quilt I want to make!  All of them were in various stages of completion, from fabric being purchased to just needing to be quilted.  What I didn't really like was the random selection of the project to work on - I prefer to work on what strikes me as interesting at any one time.  I don't think I worked on a single quilt in the month it was "assigned" to be worked on.

So for 2018, I stumbled upon Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal link-up - set a goal for myself each month to finish.  I think this will suit me much better!  Since I did like having a list of my UFOs on the wall, I do still want a chart to hang on my wall, but now I'm not tied to making any of these.  You can see five of the six unfinished quilts from last year made the cut - I'm really not sure what I want to do with those Splendid Sampler blocks and I might let them sit a while longer.  And I'm sure something new will catch my eye and I'll be working on that instead, but it's a nice jumping off point!

2018 Quilt Goals

Project
Status Before
Status After
1
Needs November and December Blocks
2
Sudoku Quilt
Has blocks 1-4 done
3
My Small World
Ready for Quilting
4
Book Nerd Quilt
Has blocks 1-4 done
5
Football Quilt
Like Bear’s
Bottom third done

6
Almost done with
November Blocks
7
Needs filler blocks
for final assembly
8
Blocks 1-3 Done
9
Awesome Ocean
Abandoned Project
10
I-Spy Baby Quilt
Half of the charms
are fussy cut
11
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Quilt
Fabric Purchased
Abandoned Project
12
Needs 15 More Blocks
I have enough blocks, but I don't want it to end!
13
2018 Summer Sampler
14
Ricochet Quilt
15
Trinket Quilt
16
#100Days100Blocks2018

Check back to see how I do!

Comments