One Quilty Goal - February

I'm focusing my monthly goals in 2020 on finishing up my old WIPs.  I'm not doing them in any particular order, just whatever I feel like working on when I write the blog post with my goal.  I finished two WIPs in January so I'm off to a good start!

Some of you may recall my Quilt Block Summer plan of 2018 - focus on making quilt blocks only, sneaking in small amounts of time every day to sew and not worrying about big finishes when the kids were out of school.  I started five quilts at almost exactly the same time and threw in one older project just to round out the craziness.  I've since finished three of them (Trinket, Ricochet, and the Blue/Green Sampler) and this month I'm turning my attention to two more.

The 2018 Summer Sampler was my completed goal for December and I have since found a backing fabric that I love.  I'm planning on getting it basted and putting in some foundation quilted lines.  If I'm lucky, that will give me some momentum to get the whole thing finished.  But since I'm planning on doing custom quilting in the squares and don't want to rush that it's not my official goal for the month.


My actual goal for this month is to assemble the Panda Quilt!  These are some of my favorite blocks ever, and I finished them on schedule with the end of the quilt-along in October 2018, but they've been sitting ever since because I couldn't decide on a final layout.


In this case procrastination was the right course of action, because when I saw the plus-sign inspired layout that Willow of Bear Paw Stitch and Design submitted to Patterns By Jen's 2019 Color Challenge Round-Up I knew I had found what I needed.  I've got my little helpers busy sorting the blocks and helping me find the perfect random layout - I'm excited to see this one come together!

I'm linking up my goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
Fun fabrics! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.