Moda Matchbox Quilt Number Eight

One of my favorite items in my monthly Sew Sampler Box from 2018 was the Mini Matchbox Quilt Kit. I even got the yellow churn dash one, which was my favorite out of all the available patterns. But once I made it and hung it on my quilt wall, I thought it looked a little lonely. So when the last round of "get your quilty wishes granted" started circulating on Instagram I requested my second-favorite kit and was lucky enough to get it!

I was a little braver with the second one, hand-quilting it entirely in the contrasting color as the pattern recommended.  I did, however, break and used a bright blue binding instead of the included yellow binding.  I liked how the first one had a red binding and I wanted this one to have its own color.


In my first post, I promised a picture of the whole wall, so here it is!  This wall is always changing based on my current mood and newest makes and it's not all of my mini quilts by far - the rest are scattered around my house.  I've been slowly working on a series of seasonal mini quilts for my family room too.  Some of these quilts were made by me and some were received in swaps.  The whole thing makes me feel so happy!


Comments