Quilt Block Summer Week 3

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  I got a little behind this week as I spent most of Memorial Day weekend outdoors with my family instead of alone in my sewing room.  But that's the point of Quilt Block Summer - relaxing and sewing when I can without pressure.

Temperature Quilt 2018
These blocks are the easiest to make so of course I kept up with them.  I hit a couple of milestones this week.  First, I finished the eighth row in my quilt!


Second, we hit 100 degrees on Memorial Day!  100!  That is so crazy for May in Minnesota!  The low on January 1st was -15 degrees, so we've had quite the range in the last 150 days.  I debated between using brown and black to signify this, but it's so hot in May I wanted to keep my options open for the really hot days in July and August.  It was nice to have a real spring day with lower temperatures yesterday.


Harry Potter Bookcase
Nothing to show here this week.  I printed off the pattern for the Monster Book of Monsters but that's as far as I got.  It's first on the list for next week!

2018 Summer Sampler
This week's block was called "Southwest Highway" and I decided to feature the only fabric that I skipped putting into last week's block.  It's on bubble wrap because my deck was a huge wet mess when I went to take the picture.


Ricochet Quilt
This week I chose Black Forest in Hunter by Rifle Paper Company - another selection from my C+S booster box.


Trinket Quilt
I love how bright and happy these yellows and oranges look!  I'm enjoying making the blocks in sections that jump around the rainbow so everything always feels fresh.


#100Days100Blocks2018
Scheduled to start on July 7th.

Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments