Summer Plan Ramblings

It's almost the middle of May.  The first pair of birthdays is done, we're running to various kid sporting events seven days a week (and some of those days have multiple sporting events on them), and we've got another pair of birthdays, a wedding, and a mini vacation coming up.  In other words, it's a typical spring.  So, of course the only logical thing to do when one has no time to sew is to go a little crazy and buy fabric for not one but THREE new quilts.  Of course it is.

And now that the shopping high has gone down (and I'm waiting for my packages to arrive), I'm trying to work out in my head how I can have a fun summer with my kids, sew a little to keep my sanity, and still have a home that is reasonably clean and tidy.  And I think I have the solution: don't make a full quilt this summer.  Hear me out.  If I'm lucky, I'll have about a half hour to sew each morning before we get going, maybe a little bit more on the weekends.  So instead of stressing out about finishing things, I'm just going to focus on the blocks for several different quilts:



2018 Summer Sampler

Ricochet Quilt

Trinket Quilt


Then, when the kids go back to school in the fall (and it's back to school FOR REAL; my youngest is starting kindergarten!) it'll be like a mini-January of finishing up all the stuff I was working on during my carefree and perfectly balanced summer.  At least, that's the plan.

To keep my blog from dying, I'll post an update every Thursday on what I've accomplished in the last week.  Next Thursday, I'll include some more details about each of the quilts as well - all of my fabric should be here by then so I'll be able to take pictures, unlike this wall of text.

So who's with me for Quilt Block Summer?


Comments

Danice G said…
Good idea, the quilt blocks. You can always sew them into quilt tops when the kiddos return to school. I'm with you on that. 'Can hardly wait to see your new fabrics. It's like Christmas, isn't it?