Quilt Block Summer Week 5

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!

Temperature Quilt 2018
My husband had a milestone birthday this week.  He was hoping for an orange block and I was hoping for a red one (I have red bicycles and red tea cups, two of his favorite things), but instead he was stuck firmly in the middle with pink.  I did my best with what's in my stash - we always have donuts for breakfast on birthdays.


Harry Potter Bookcase
What's the best thing to do with a block that has a million tiny pieces?  Add a few more, of course!  I gave my Monster Book of Monster eyeballs and it was worth the extra effort.  This block didn't come together easily (due to several mistakes on my part) but he's done and I'm pleased.


2018 Summer Sampler
This week's block is beautiful, but intricate.  I had three intense paper-pieced blocks on my list this week and this one unfortunately got the short end of the stick.

Ricochet Quilt
I only had to rip out one seam to get all the gems to go the same direction which is a huge win!


Trinket Quilt
The top row of nine-patches is done!  This is the first time I've made an ombre quilt like this and I'm happy to see it coming together even in just this little bit of the quilt.  I played with the blocks a little bit - the cat became a book and the house became an arrow.  That yellow square is only 3/8" finished!


#100Days100Blocks2018
Another one of my duplicate blocks - this is block 61 in blues.  I made it right after the Ricochet block, thus it's all Cotton and Steel (just a coincidence, this quilt is meant to clear out my blue stash a little).


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments