July Goal Update: Cat Quilt Complete!

My goal for this month was to finish the charity quilt that I made with a group back in May.  I wanted to deliver it to our July guild meeting held last week and I'm happy to say I was successful.


First up was a bit of repair.  I removed the eyes that we added solely because the contest required us to use that green fabric.  I also removed the wonky corner and added a new one that was square.  Then I just had to quilt and bind it.  I decided to go simple with a single light-colored thread in the colored areas and a black meander in the background.


My quilt holders were a little less cooperative when I tried to get a picture of the back, but you can still get the general idea.  I used the leftover stripes from the front and pieced it with the extra chunks of solids.


This will hopefully bring a child some comfort at the children's hospital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm linking up with:
I'm linking up my finish with Elm Creek Quilts.
Sarah at Sarah Goer Quilts for "Show Me Something With Solids"

Comments

Patty said…
Very fun quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.