Quilt Block Summer Week 9

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  It's been a bit of a juggling act as I work in my daily 100 day blocks, but I'm not going to complain about extra time in the sewing room!

Temperature Quilt 2018
It's been one of those weeks where every day feels the same as the one before it, so I was surprised to see so much color variation in the finished blocks.


Harry Potter Bookcase
I made four books for shelf four this week.  All of them are improv pieced in the style of the books I've paper-pieced already.


2018 Summer Sampler
I'm running a week behind on posting these for this series, but this was finished before the new block was released so I'm on-time for the quilt-along.



Ricochet Quilt
This is one of my original Cotton + Steel fabrics.  It's far less busy than a lot of the other blocks, but I like its sweet simplicity.


Trinket Quilt
I made a few edits this week (some intentional, some not) and I think this is my favorite block for this quilt so far!


#100Days100Blocks2018
I'm off and running with this quilt!  I'm making three different versions.  The blue and green blocks are scrappy and enlarged to 10 inches - anything goes.  The smaller blocks are for my panda-themed quilt.  I'm going for more "pandas" versus "PANDAS!" which means the panda fabric is an accent and an inspiration for my overall color scheme.


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments