Quilt Block Summer Week 18

Welcome to this week's Quilt Block Summer Summary!  It's just about a week into the school year, and I am flying through my projects!  I am surprised at how quickly all my days are filling up though.  Not nearly as much free time as I thought I'd have, but that's okay - I'm definitely not bored.

Temperature Quilt 2018
The nights feel like fall and we are sleeping with the windows open again, no matter how warm it gets during the day.


Harry Potter Bookcase
This is a double block - Crookshanks and the Sorting Hat!  The Sorting Hat's face is there but hard to see, exactly how I imagined it in my head when I first read the series.  Like trying to find a picture in the clouds.


2018 Summer Sampler
Block 17 is the Chrysler Building in New York City.  Only one more block to go - this whole quilt-along has been so much fun!  I was using scraps for the center of my block so the diamonds don't match up in both halves, but just like last week, it's good enough to go with.


Ricochet Quilt
As soon as I finish this blog post, Ricochet is going under the needle to get quilted!

Trinket Quilt
On hiatus this week while I wait for the arrival of my Road Trip fabric.  I want to make sure I mix the it in instead of just clumping it in at the bottom.

#100Days100Blocks2018
Stripes, stripes, and more stripes.  I like these blocks, but it's hard to fussy cut the pandas into them.  I had to switch up my initial plans so the blocks with bigger areas went to pandas and the ones with more stripes went to color-blocked blocks!


Hope you had a great sewing week too!

Comments