Quilt Block Summer Wrap-Up

My quilt block summer is over!  I was a little too ambitious with the number of projects started, but I made good progress on all of them so that's just a lesson learned.  I have 143 posts on my #quiltblocksummer hashtag and my actual block total is 301!

Temperature Quilt 2018
There were 127 days in Quilt Block Summer, and I made a temperature block for each of them!  Sometimes a day or two late, but they always got done.  This added just over seven rows to my quilt.


And the stragglers who aren't attached yet:


Harry Potter Bookcase
I added 12 blocks to my bookcase, doubling it in size.  I also got everything joined together!


Here's the row I'm currently working on:


2018 Summer Sampler
Another success and the backbone of the Quilt Block Summer timeline.  The last block is called Fish Rack and was the easiest and fastest block in the whole quilt.  I made the legs of my fish rack two-tone just so I didn't have to match the prints on the diamonds.


Here are all eighteen of them together - the finishing instructions will be released on Monday.


Ricochet Quilt
Ricochet went under the needle this week and I'm hand-stitching sewing the binding on - look for a finish next week!


Trinket Quilt
I finished 11 "blocks" for this quilt - some are 9-patches and some are 12-patches.  Those blocks are made up of 51 pieced four inch blocks.  Not quite done, but looking good - the ombre effect is in full force when you look at everything together.  As soon as my Road Trip fabric gets here I'll be jumping back in to finish this up!


#100Days100Blocks2018
All caught up - there are 76 blocks so far and I've posted all of them on the correct days!  I've actually got 80 blocks because I needed doubles of some of them to make my quilt patterns work.  It was super windy when I took these pictures so the gray blanket is just holding them in place (mostly - about a dozen of the panda blocks blew away and I had to rescue them!)




I hope you enjoyed my quilt journey this summer.  I had fun sharing it with you!  As always, have a great week sewing!

Comments

Barb Neiwert said…
Wow, so fun to see all the scrappy goodness you've been generating this summer. I'm greatly impressed with your stick-with-it-iveness!