Sewing and Laundry Day

Today was a sewing and laundry day, with a little time loped off to take advantage of actual fall-like weather (we've had way too much rain and cold and even a little SNOW this month) and go for a run - a very welcome addition to my lazy day!

I had set quite the to-do list for myself, and I actually managed to get all of it done!

First, I made the plaid blocks that I need for my newest quilt-along, Modern Fans.  I've been wanting to sew curves again so when this quilt-along popped up I was all in!  Here's the first of my big blocks - untrimmed because my laptop was upstairs and I couldn't remember how big it was supposed to be.


I also caught up on my temperature quilt - we had company over the weekend and I didn't spend any time in my sewing room.  See all that purple?  I told you it's been cold!  Low 30s at night!


Lastly, I started off my October goal project by making this lightning bolt block.  I'm aiming for an eclectic mix of fabrics I like, but how I can resist my favorite pattern, with both old and new favorite fabrics?  I spent most of my run mentally going over my stash and debating what I was going to add to this to make it feel the way I want it to.  I'm still not 100% sure where it's going, but I hope it's a success!


Oh, and just a note: If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this teaser photo:


Unfortunately, the event date has been postponed without a new date due to the recent hurricanes.  I have the blog post written and am awaiting the go-ahead to reveal it.  It's a new favorite and I can't wait to show it to you.  For now I'll be working on these three projects - it's relaxing to be focused on so few things!

Comments