Summer is Here!

Today is the last day of school - the year went by in a flash.  I definitely didn't sew as much as I thought I would, though the fact that I started working part-time is mostly to blame for that (and no regrets on that front - I love the new machine that I was able to purchase with my earnings!).

My youngest asked me to make a mini quilt for his excellent kindergarten teacher, who, according to him, loves cats, books, and the color orange.  After a little discussion, we decided to use the Tall Tales pattern and came up with this sweet little mini.  He chose all the fabrics himself and we outsourced the embroidery of the titles to my ever-patient mother-in-law.


We packaged it up with a sweet little note for him to bring to school tomorrow - hopefully she likes it!  I'm not planning on any grand sewing adventures (a la Quilt Block Summer) this year; in fact, I am inspired by South Bay Bella and I'm just going to work on WIPs during the month of June.  I've got two finished cross-stitches that need to be turned into something (I'm thinking one mini quilt and one pillow) and that Tula Pop from last month that is ready for quilting.  If I get super ambitious, I'd like to get all my 2018 Summer Sampler blocks sewn together into a quilt top.  My official goal is to get two of those four things done - which two will depend on my mood when I've got time to sew.  Wish my luck with both my sewing and keeping my kids entertained!  I'm linking up my modest goal with Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
Danice G said…
Really cute quilt, and perfect for a teacher.