Tula Pop

Tula Pop is done!  This was a fun, fast sew from Suzy Quilts called Sugar Pop.  I started with the half-jelly roll of Tula Pink Pinkerville fabric that was in my April Sew Sampler box and went from there.  Important note: this is not actually a jelly roll pattern.  You will need yardage to do the last two colors on the sides that don't have the bi-colored leg.  The background solid is a piece of Princess by Kona that I just happened to have on hand and the solids in the X are from my unlabled solid scrap box.


My guild challenged us to try new techniques this year, so I decided to experiment with this quilt.  After reading several tutorials on facings, I decided to follow this one by The Silly BooDilly.  My strips were only 1.5" wide and I ironed them under before attaching them, but otherwise I followed it faithfully.  It certainly wasn't any faster than making and attaching traditional binding but I really like the feeling it gives to my quilt.


And those beautiful green unicorns kind of steal the show anyway.  On to the next sewing project!

Edit January 2020: Linking up with the new link-up "Show Me Something" at Sarah Goer Quilts - this month's theme is purple!

Comments

The quilt has great movement and I like how your choice of facing allows the elements to continue off the edge of the quilt. So nice to visit you from Sarah's Show Me Something linkup!
I love how a pile of wild Tula prints goes so well together. That's the facing tutorial that I learned from, but I find ironing before attaching much easier. ;-) I love the unicorns on the back. Definitely a show stealer! :-) Thank you for linking up with Show Me Something Purple.