The End of a Relaxing November

My goal for November was to slow down and focus on the joy of sewing and I hit that metric!  Slow sewing isn't all that blog-able, so I saved it all for one recap post.  Maybe you'll recognize some of these old forgotten projects.

First, I finished a mini pillow.  This block was the start of a quilt-along that never got off the ground for me due to too many other projects.  The book pattern is called Tall Tales and lots of fun to make!


Then I decided to make a paper-pieced block, so it was back to my Rainbow Blossom quilt.  I accidentally pre-ordered this Cipher fabric from two separate websites so it seemed like the perfect fabric to make the word "Inspire" with.  Once I had the block done, I went ahead and sewed all the blocks I have made together.




Next, I went back to another quilt-along, the Scrappy Trip Along!  I made two blocks for this, which brings my total up to 11 (I need 16).  The small watering can block was made at half-size from a pattern in Lori Holt's newest book.  This will be used on the back of my Garden Quilt.


Julian's Sleigh Bell Sampler quilt is back from the quilters! All I had to do was prep and attach the binding and now it's ready for hand-sewing during Thanksgiving visiting.  Fingers crossed for a finish post on this one soon!


And the grand finale: My Harry Potter Mini Quilt is done!  I love his crazy troll hair and the swirls on his book (chosen solely because they are my favorite quilting pattern to play with).  He is a mash-up of three patterns: Elizabeth Hartman's Hazel the Hedgehog, Angela Pingel's Book Nerd, and Slo Studio's Lightning Bolt.  His back is less exciting - just a leftover chunk of the Kinship Quilt's backing.  My 7-year-old son saw me sewing the binding down and said, "Wait, that was hanging up forever and it wasn't even done?"  Maybe I didn't need to finish him after all!  He's back up on the wall, hung permanently with no plans to move anytime soon.


Oh yeah, and the windows are in too.  I'm linking up my successful finish at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Love, love that Harry Potter mini. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.