Just Keep Trucking

For the past week I've been consumed by a single project.  You may recall that at the end of last month I basted my 2018 Summer Sampler and started quilting it.  I'm pleased to say that I now have 3 blocks completely quilted and 7 more partially quilted (out of 20 total).


This has pretty much taken over all my sewing time.  I'm doing custom quilting and again focusing on a "less is more" principle.  I thought I'd do a few blocks and then bounce back to other projects, but instead I find myself quilting until I have a dozen or so ends to bury, then taking a break to bury them, repeat, repeat, repeat.  I'm enjoying trying different motifs - the ones that work well get used again and the ones that don't work as well get used once and then abandoned.  My goal for the month is to just keep trucking along with this and finish at least twelve blocks total.

Another fun thing that's been going on is some independent kid sewing!  My kids found the book Stuffed at the library, about a boy and his stuffed animals plus instructions on how to make your own.  So armed with a box of old felt that hasn't been touched in years (my sweet son asked, "What if you need some felt, Mom?" to which I internally laughed and then said out loud, "Use as much as you want, I can always buy more") and my old sewing machine, they have been sewing up a storm, making small stuffed animals (stuffed with batting scraps!) and clothes for existing stuffed animals.  My older son has even mastered threading the machine, which is nice because I think I rethreaded it about 500 times the first day they were using it.  Here's a picture of the first round of stuffs they made - ghost versions of their favorite pets.


That's it for now!  I'm linking up my goal with Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Patty said…
Cute animals. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.