2020 Goal Recap: September

Nothing impressive this month, as you can tell from the slowness of the blog.  Settling into distance learning was a big adjustment, even with kids who are mostly self-sufficient.  When I did have time to sew I mostly worked on two projects and didn't finish either of them!  Trying to relax and remind myself that there's no race to finish everything at once.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 16
WIP List at end of month: 18
Untouched in 2020: 4
Active QAL Projects: 3
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Graveyard Smash mini quilt mash-up (started October 2019).  My goal for the month was to finish all three Halloween cross-stitches into one large mixed-media piece, but as I started to work with them I realized combining all of them would result in a piece too large to hang comfortably.  So I started with this spider because my vision for him was the strongest and I absolutely adore how it turned out.  I have plans for the other two and I'm hoping to finish up at least one more before Halloween this year - linking up my finish at Elm Street Quilts.

Graveyard Smash Mini

Quilts Started
Morewood Mystery Quilt. I was on the fence about starting this one, but decided to go for it. My version is completely scrappy and I'm using coordinating solids instead of a single color for the background. This month was relatively easy - 90 HST. I chain-pieced them in my sewing room then trimmed them while supervising distance learning next to the kids.

Quilt Progress (2 WIPs touched)
Making the Cut - I really wanted to finish this this month, but the graffiti quilting in the background slowed me down a lot.  Whenever I felt like I was getting too repetitive I set it aside.  I am happy to say that I'm about two-thirds done.  I also need my pins back so I can quilt my test quilt (more below) so I have a good feeling about this one for next month!

Adventure Quilt - I don't know why I put off making these tiny yellow stars for so long - they were a ton of fun!  We were given three different styles to choose from and I decided to use all three instead of choosing just one.  The September blocks were released as well but I'm not behind until the next guild meeting!


Big Top - No personal progress, but it has been professionally basted!  On my to-quilt list.  I'm excited to see how quilting it goes.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Nothing too exciting. I made a tooth fairy pillow by special request and continued to experiment with masks.

Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts - COMPLETE!
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 5

Goal #3: Create 3 Patterns
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 0
Year-to-date: 3

I worked on the samples and drafts for both of my quilt patterns. Because these are samples to show off the patterns, I'm using coordinated colors from two of my favorite basics lines to put them together.


Here's one of peeks at the Camp Stars quilt that I posted over on Instagram.

Camp Stars Sneak Peek

And that's it for September! I wrote myself a 2020 punch-out list (which I probably won't follow) for some motivation, but my big plans for October are to just keep plugging away at the new patterns over everything else. I can't wait to get them out into the world and see what other people do with them!

Comments

Patty said…
How fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.