Retreat 2020 Goals

 One of my 2020 goals was to go on a retreat.  Once COVID hit, I figured that was off the table, but my guild leadership team has worked hard to put together a fun virtual event!

Retreat Info Pack

Obviously, meeting via Zoom and having my kids barging in constantly won't be quite as peaceful as getting away from it all, but I'll take what I can get at this point.  I went on my first and only retreat in 2018 and the only problem I had was that I didn't bring enough projects to work on, so I thought I should plan out this weekend as if I was leaving the house.

First, I'm working this week on quilting my Big Top quilt.  I've got all the pink wedges and brown arcs quilted already and I'm currently working on the vertical blue stripes and the blue bits of sashing that form the outer border.  Once I've gotten all those quilted, I'm going to put my binding on so I have some handwork to do during the calls.

Big Top Binding Auditions

Next, it only seems appropriate to finish up the Adventure Quilt that my guild is making.  I only have to make two more blocks and then sew the whole thing together!  Because I'll be hiding out in my basement sewing room, I won't be coming out to baste it, but I do want to finish this entire quilt by the end of the month - that's the goal I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts for November!

Adventure Quilt Blocks

And as long as I'm finishing tops, I'd love to get my Plaidish quilt put together too!  This one has been sitting neglected for far too long.  I have all the fabric picked, just need to bring the project to the top of the list.

Plaidish Blocks

Finally, we are all going to be making swap gifts during the retreat.  I already have an idea of what I want to make and what fabric I'm going to pull and I'm excited to get started!  I'll report back next week and let you know how it went!

Comments