2021 Monthly Recap: January

Cold, snow, and a solid school routine meant plenty of time for sewing this month!  I took full advantage and not only created two quilts from start-to-finish but also pulled out some old friends to work on.  Maybe there is hope for my WIP list in 2021!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 14
WIP List at end of month: 14
Untouched in 2021: 8
Active QAL Projects: 1
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Giraffe Love (January 2021)

Bernie's Mittens (January 2021) - I don't have a finished picture of the top yet, but here's a sneak peek at the flimsy and the fabulous long arm quilting that was done on it.  This is my newest pattern and will be released later this week!


Quilts Started
Nothing I didn't finish!

Quilt Progress (6 WIPs touched)
Rainbow Blossom - This block actually will go on the back of my Rainbow Blossom quilt as part of the quilt label, but I had all the fabric and just really wanted to make it. Future me will be glad that it's already done!

"Quilt" Block

Morewood Mystery Quilt - We got to combine some of the units we made already! I'm so happy with my decision to not have a single background color and I love how these turned into plus signs!

Morewood Mystery Quilt Block

Gypsy Wife - one of my oldest WIPs that I pulled out as part of my overall 2021 goal set.  I think I set this aside because the words on the black fabric weren't matching up, but by adding a few blocks I was able to get it back on track and sew this bottom section together!


Plaidish - I missed the quilt-along for this one, but I'm happy to say that it's now a finished top to fulfill my January goal!  I'm linking up my flimsy finish at Elm Street Quilts. I'm giving myself a generous, arbitrary goal of of Valentine's Day to finish this one up - I've got a wonderful Ruby Star wideback to go with all the Ruby Star prints on the front and I'm planning on a yellow binding for a pop around the outside!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
It's not exciting, but I did another round of masks for my family. The first batch started to wear out and needed to be replaced.

Comments

Patty said…
Great flimsy! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!
Plaidish is awesome!! Love that pink!! it makes everything just pop!!