Twin Mug Rugs

 Today I have not only one, but two finished projects to show you!  Identical Mug Rugs!

One of these mini quilts has a new home in Vermont, where my partner in a mug rug swap resides.  She told me she likes hiking and being outdoors, but hates floral fabrics.  From that, I decided a little outdoor scene of a place that looked fun to hike in was appropriate and I sketched up an outline of a tree and some mountains in EQ8.

Enter my tween, who told me it was "a little boring".  So I saved my draft and handed him the computer and told him to make it better.  He got rid of my blue sky and added the sunset instead.  I have to say, it is a definite improvement.  I might have to collaborate with him more often!

He was so excited about the design that he actually went down to my sewing room and pulled all the fabric for the pattern as well.  Then he asked if I would make him one too.  How could I say no?  I decided to make both of them at the same time so that his didn't get lost in my to-sew list.  I changed my thread color to match each section, so it was nice to double dip while quilting.

The back is an ombre triangle fabric that I think looks like little trees and the binding is a brown from my stash that makes me think of a picture frame.  I hope my partner enjoys hers as much as we are enjoying ours!

------------------------------------

It was a tough call to pick a "favorite finish" for this month - I love all three of my finishes for different reasons.  But this one wins the prize of being linked up at Meadow Mist Designs - I love that my son wanted to help me with it!

Comments