Cool Mittens

I am not the type of quilter who does a lot of repeat quilts - there's always something new and exciting out there to grab my attention.  But since I finished the original Bernie's Mittens quilt, I couldn't get the idea of a three-color version out of my mind:

Just look at how different they look next to each other!  It's obviously the same pattern, but it makes you do a double-take!  Both quilts were quilted by Lauren at Tekstil Crave, but I had her scale down the quilting and I really like the smaller size better.

Coincidentally, the back of each quilt is a Libs Elliott print.  I didn't do this on purpose and didn't even realize it until I had the finished quilts side-by-side.  But now that it's here I love that detail!

The pattern doesn't include the 3-color variation, but if you'd like help figuring out where the colors go, my inbox is open!


What do you think?  Do you like the original or the bold three-color version better?  Or would you pick a different color scheme all together?  You can find the Bernie's Mittens pattern in my pattern shop and use the code COOLMITTENS for 25% off until next Friday (5/7/21)!

Comments