Modern London Roads Block

 Are you ready for some magic?  Today I am sharing a modern take on the classic London Roads block!

Unicorn items around a quilt block

My block is made out of Tula Pink fabrics and I chose to emphasize the arrows formed in the outer border.  I love how playing with the fabric placement gives this block a fresh, modern look.  It's just like magic, hence all the unicorns!  I thought about removing the tag from the unicorn Beanie Baby because the colors don't match, but I couldn't do it - what if the market comes back and this guy is worth millions?

This London Roads block was made as part of the Fat Quarter Shop's Classic and Vintage series.  Its bright colors fit perfectly into my Gypsy Wife Sloth quilt, and making this block is actually what inspired me to pull that old project out and finish it up!

Comments