Bernie's Mittens QAL Week Four: Stripe 1

 Welcome to Week 4 of the Bernie's Mittens Quilt-Along!


One more week of sewing stripes!  These are the very easiest of the lot - the top sections are the same as last week and the center section is just a single piece of fabric!  Easy-peasy.  Once again, I started off by organizing my stripes into thirds.


Then I sewed them together into the long stripes.  We've moved into winter weather here so I did another indoor photo - these skinny stripes are no match for the wind!  They look a little wonky here but it's just the weight and camera angle; in real life they are perfectly straight.


And Week Four is done!  Next week I'll have a much longer post explaining how to join the stripes together.  I'd love to see your progress - tag me @bluepipdesigns on Instagram and use the hashtag #BerniesMittensQAL so everyone else can see it too!

If you signed up for my newsletter, you saw one version of my newest pattern, Zephyr!  If not, I'll be posting it on social media later this week.  But I highly encourage you to sign up for the newsletter before next Sunday - there will be a special newsletter discount code in next Sunday's quilt-along email to celebrate the new pattern!

=======================

To get email reminders about the quilt-along, you can sign up for the BluePip Designs newsletter.  If you still need the Bernies's Mittens pattern, you can purchase it from my pattern shop.

Comments