Bernie's Mittens QAL Week Three: Stripe 2

 Welcome to Week Three of the Bernie's Mittens Quilt-Along!


We are sewing more stripes this week!  Last week I gave a detailed description of how I assembled my stripes, and this week the construction is the same.  Once again, I divided my stripes into thirds and sewed each section together first.  Remember all seams are pressed down this week!


These stripes make up the centers of the pluses, so there are only four of them - twelve more short seams and Week Three is done!  This wall in my sewing room is just wide enough to hang all the stripes together. 


The stripes aren't all that interesting on their own, but combined with the stripes made last week you can see how the center pluses will come together.


I'd love to see your progress - tag me @bluepipdesigns on Instagram and use the hashtag #BerniesMittensQAL so everyone else can see it too!  Only one more sets of stripes to go - next week we are making the spacers that go between the pluses.

=======================

To get email reminders about the quilt-along, you can sign up for the BluePip Designs newsletter.  If you still need the Bernies's Mittens pattern, you can purchase it from my pattern shop.

Comments