2021 Monthly Recap: December

Another year done!  Like always, December was a slow sewing month for me - I just wanted to sit in front of the Christmas tree and bake cookies.  But I was finally able to share some secret sewing and finish up a few lingering projects that I didn't want to carry with me into 2022.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 12
Untouched in 2021: 3
Active QAL Projects: 2
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
None.

Quilts Started
None.

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Macaron Mystery Quilt - All caught up again!  The November and December blocks have a slightly different vibe from the September and October ones, but that's just the difference between pink and green. I'll tie them together with the filler background blocks - excited to see what we are going to do with 120 flying geese blocks!


Harry Potter QOD - I did finish the bottom shelf of my bookshelf! I had it out from the Rita Skeeter block and just went right ahead and made some more progress on it.


Christmas Zephyr - I didn't finish in time for Christmas; good thing it wasn't a present!  We are going through a cold, windy snap right now but I did my best to get a photo of it before I bagged it up for the quilter; this should be my first finish of 2022.


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments 
Christmas Wreath Cross-Stitch Pillow - This was a monthly stitch along project. I finished stitching it back in August, but of course procrastinated about actually turning it into a pillow. I wanted to put it out as a Christmas decoration this year, so I needed to finish it this month - and I did!


And that is a lovely image to end my year with!  Happy Holidays and I'll be back soon with more projects and sewing fun to share with you!

Comments