Black and White Kinship Top

After sewing all day, including in some small gaps between running kids to events (10 minutes is long enough to pin a long seam or do a little ironing.  Normally not worth it to me, but when I'm on deadline every little bit helps!) my Kinship top is done!

A basement photo after dark isn't the best indicator of the true colors, but I did take this one earlier today in natural light to show my mother-in-law the super skinny sashing I used between my rows - it finishes at only half an inch!  I don't think I've ever used such a tiny sashing on a big quilt before, but I wanted to keep the green as an accent, not a feature.

Cheers to my last-minute finish of my monthly goal for February!  The pattern is called Kinship and it was used in the 100 Days 100 Blocks quilt-along hosted by Gnome Angel in 2022.  The layout is my own and I'll talk more about it when the quilt is completely finished.  For now, I'm linking up my successful finish at Elm Street Quilts!

Comments

Anne-Marie said…
I love this so much!
SueR said…
I am still working on a Robin Pickens version of Kinship from the same quilt along last year. I've looked at a lot of these on Pinterest, and yours is so very different and intriguing. Well done! I also just bought your Zephyr pattern, and I'm excited to get started. I look forward to going back through some of your older posts--you have some fabulous designs!