Introducing Fair Day: A BluePip Designs Pattern!

I'm pleased to introduce the newest BluePip Designs pattern today.  Meet Fair Day!

Recently I've become fascinated with combining small blocks together to form larger patterns, and Fair Day is my first successful experiment.  All of the blocks are pieced traditionally and the pattern comes together quickly.

It feels like I am stuck in an endless winter this year (it's snowing right now as I'm writing this and there's more predicted for later this week), but the colors and patterns in Fair Day make me think of the county fair in the summer time which is how the quilt got its name.  I've never actually entered anything in the fair, but I'm considering entering this one - maybe it can win a real ribbon!

I've been digging deep into my stash this year and the blue background fabric is one that I've had forever.  It is a Grunge-like Moda fabric from before Grunge was released.  The red, white, and yellow fabrics were purchased to compliment it - I especially like how the red and white fabrics are inverses of each other.  The back of my quilt started with a similar yellow that didn't quite work for the project it was bought for, and then I added the "Little People" print from Christian Robinson for Cotton + Steel that has also been in my stash for way too long.

I've also had this big white star for a long time.  It's too big for all my small scrappy piecing, but it looks so great here.  The back and front of the quilt go together so well you can hardly tell which is which when the quilt is all scrunched up.

I did the quilting myself in my favorite spiral pattern.  I chose a mustard yellow thread which looks like the stitching on a pair of blue jeans on the blue background fabric and blends in with the other fabrics.

Fair Day is now available in my pattern shop and to celebrate the whole shop is on sale for 20% off until March 27, 2023, no coupon needed!  The pattern is written for a 48" x 48" quilt top, but I'll be making. a larger scrappy version for the quilt-along starting in April!  I hope you'll consider sewing along with me and making this fun, happy quilt!  Thanks for visiting and happy sewing!

Other Fair Day Quilts:



Bright Day

Comments