2023 Monthly Recap: August

August was definitely not a sew month.  We didn't travel anywhere, but we did have over a week of visitors, plus my sewing machine decided it had had enough and up and quit on me.  It didn't stop sewing when I told it to, the needle didn't finish in the down position, and the thread cutter started eating thread.  One of the needed repairs was proprietary and has to be done by the manufacturer, so I'm sewing on a borrowed machine for the foreseeable future.  It's the same model as my normal machine, but it's not the same as sewing on my normal machine.  I didn't get very much done, but I did have a very enjoyable month with my family and that matters more.

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2023: 4
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
None

Quilts Started
Stranger Quilt Sample - I've made a mini version of this new quilt pattern, and now I'm starting a full-sized version in this cool acid-washed denim fabric. I'm still not set on the name of the pattern, but I am happy with how it looks!


Quilt Progress (4 WIPs touched)
100 Days 100 Blocks 2023 - This is the project I spent the most time on this month.  The blocks are not made sequentially so I'm working out of order as well as keeping up with the daily blocks so I can assemble as I go.  Here is the fully completed 'B' section.


Under the Sea - I finished the block I started last month, so I'm officially halfway done.  I don't think I'll make my goal of finishing this in 2023, but if I do a block a month for the rest of the year, I'll be in a good place to finish it in early 2024.


Mother - Four weeks to finish four teardrops, and I finished two.  One of the last two will be an easy finish, and the other will take a while.


One strip added to a log cabin quilt that will be part of my memory scrap quilt. Tiny steps!

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
I started this cross-stitch project last month and I'm holding onto my goal of making all finished cross-stitches into mini quilts immediately.  It's fun when you have the exact right border fabric to finish a project!


Next Month's Goal
SEW, SEW. SEW!  Kids are going back to school and I have two patterns I am working on, so I plan on sewing as much as I can while they are gone each day.

Comments