2023 Monthly Recap: September

September was a whirlwind of doctor's appointments and part-time work with very little time leftover for sewing.  My teenage son broke his knee on Labor Day - he'll be fine, but the treatment and physical therapy understandably took up a large chunk of time.  On the plus side, I found some inspiration on one of my walks and I now have a new quilt pattern in the works for after Stranger is finished.  Most of my quilting time this month was taken up by finishing the Bananas quilt, which was taking up a lot of room on my design floor, but is now at the quilter's being finished professionally!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 13
WIP List at end of month: 12
Untouched in 2023: 4
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
Stranger Mini (May 2023) - Just a few more stitches to put into this mini test quilt tonight!

Quilts Started
None!

Quilt Progress (3 WIPs touched)
Scrap Cabinet - I made the ten black blocks for this, which almost felt like a cheat.  I do so many dark bindings that my scrap drawer for black was filled with 2.5" strings.  I like to sew things together as I go along, so I added some blocks that I've previously made so I could sew them all together.  This will be the lower right corner of the quilt.


100 Days 100 Blocks 2023 - The official quilt-along ends next week, but my "Bananas" top is finished and at the quilter's getting the finishing touches put on.  The final top looks wonderful, but I'll save the reveal for when it's quilted and bound.  For now, a peek at the backing and binding that I chose, both from my stash.


Stranger Quilt - I'm working on a full-size version of my Stranger quilt.  Double-checking the math and reading the instructions to make sure they make sense (I use a technical editor and pattern tester, but I also do my own checks).  This pattern is getting close to completion!


Miscellaneous Accomplishments
A lot of my crafting time was just sitting on the couch working on my Castle Homecoming cross-stitch. I'm almost done with the August clue and then I'll go right into the September clue.

Next Month's Goal
It's easy to pick this month - I want to finish up the Stranger quilt pattern.  I hope you're excited to see it!

Comments