2023 Monthly Recap: October

October rolled in with a heat wave and out with a snowstorm, and the middle flew by in the blink of an eye.  I accepted that my beloved Juki was unrepairable and that the loaner machine wasn't working for me, so I ended up upgrading to the Juki TL-18.  I've been project jumping since I got it, testing out all the ways that I sew, and so far I've been very impressed.  This month I'll be using it to quilt for the first time; I'm sure it will continue to dazzle!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2023: 3
Active QAL Projects: 0

Quilts Finished

Quilt Progress (7 WIPs touched)
Scrap Cabinet - The quilt I've been enjoying working on the most over the past month.  All the fabrics in this have come from my scrap bins, with the occasional charm square thrown in when I need to round it out.  I've reached the full width now, so all I have to do is build it up into a full quilt top!


Mother - The penultimate teardrop is done.  The block in the quilt used appliqué, but I drafted a FPP version to match it because I prefer to sew that way.  This was my "test FPP" block for my new machine; all the wonkiness is the fault of my self-drafted pattern, not the machine itself.


Summer Sampler 2019 - Another block for an almost-finished quilt-along quilt - this time to test out curves.  I can't remember the last time I sewed a project with curves; maybe it's time to start one of those!  


Pattern design: I finished the full-size test top for my Stranger quilt pattern, which I'm now calling Windsuit.  It's a full on 80s fest and it feels exactly like the picture below.  I also made the test blocks for another new pattern called Pebbled Prairie.  Lots going on behind the scenes, but unfortunately it's all computer work at this point which is not the funnest part of pattern design!


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
A little bit of cross-stitch and a brand-new sewing machine!


Next Month's Goal
New patterns and old QALs!

Comments