2023 Monthly Recap: November

November consisted of three weeks of nonstop sewing followed by one lovely week of vacation in Florida.  I'm looking forward to a December filled with casual sewing, lots of baking, and a brand-new pattern release!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2023: 3
Active QAL Projects: 0

I feel like these numbers haven't changed much!  Of the 11 WIP projects, only 4 were started this year.  2 will be finished by the end of December, 1 was designed to be long-term, and 1 is a slow-moving WIP.  All of them have been worked on recently, so it's mostly my older projects hanging around and clogging this up!

Quilts Finished
Windsuit (August 2023)

Quilts Started
Pebbled Prairie: Boats Edition. This is my newest pattern and I'm actually doing this one backwards.  I normally sew up a quilt sample as I write my rough draft of the pattern, but this time the entire pattern is written and with the technical editor while I am just getting started with the sewing part of it.  I actually didn't plan on getting started on the sample until tomorrow, but I had some time today to start cutting it and away I went!  This quilt is jelly roll and scrap friendly and I'm hoping to have the baby quilt top done by the end of this weekend.

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Under the Sea - My ambitious plan to make one block a month for this top has failed.  I finished block seven this morning and probably won't touch this again until next year.


Scrap Cabinet - This project took over my life in a good way at the beginning of the month and I have a full quilt top now!  As soon as the pattern samples are finished I'll be basting and quilting this!


Test Block Sampler - Pebbled Prairie test blocks are added.  This sampler has test blocks for all the patterns I wrote this year.  It's not quite the size I'm hoping for yet, so I'll just have to keep designing to make it bigger!


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
A basic white pillowform might be one of the most boring things I've ever sewn, but it used up a lot of batting scraps and is part of a Christmas present, so it's a win for me!  It's going inside of a store-bought pillow, so there won't be a fun update for this one.


Next Month's Goal
I'm so excited to dive into the Sugaridoo Advent calendar project! It's been sitting patiently in my sewing room and I cannot wait to finally open up all of the beautifully wrapped packages.


But of course, my main goal is to finish up the Pebbled Prairie pattern samples and release the pattern so you can make your own too!

Comments