2024 Monthly Recap: June

It always perplexes me how all the summer activities start immediately as soon as the summer ends, but then by August there is nothing going on.  My kids are typical teenagers, so I get up at my normal school year time and have an hour or two to myself before they are awake enough to hold a conversation.  June was an exciting month for me because I  attended the MN Quilt show as a lecturer (yes, all my print patterns were ready to go on time) and I also broke my high school bowling record by bowling a 172!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2024: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
None.

Quilts Started
Layer Cake Lily - A new shortcut quilt for the Fat Quarter Shop.  Secret sewing for now but the pattern will be released in August and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you then!

Quilt Progress (6 WIPs touched)
Lemon Blossom Mystery Quilt - I was behind a little bit on this quilt along, but I pushed through and finished the top on time!  I'll be quilting this myself with some custom quilting so it might be a while before it is done.  Can you tell it was windy when we were trying to take this photo?


Fado Road - A little progress is better than none!


MMQG Sewing (Test Block Sampler and The Rest of the Quilt Back) - The challenge this month was flying geese and these star blocks are tiny - only 4" finished!  I love how the pinwheels alternate to create an eye-catching row.  The pink is from the back of my Palm Canyon Ripples quilt, a project I finished back in 2018.


Blocks made for my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
One cross-stitch project framed and up on the wall!  I'm still challenging myself to finish the projects completely in the same month that I finish stitching them, and this one was a success.  This was a free pattern from Pigeon Coop Designs given out to anyone who pre-ordered his book that is coming out at the end of July.


And now it's back to the sewing room.  I have two quilts with deadlines to finish before July is over!

Comments