One Quilty Goal - February 2018

I love the idea of sewing bags, and I love my finished hand-made bags - case in point this beautiful Polaris Bag that is my regular handbag.  It's the perfect size to carry everything I need on a daily basis and fits extras when required.  I extended the strap so it's a cross-body; with three boys I need to have two hands free!


But it always takes a kick in the pants for me to actually get started on a new bag. I think it has to do with applying the interfacing - my least favorite part and the first step in making a bag.  So for February, I want to sew the two bags that have been on my to-sew list for a while.  Both of them are from the Sew Sweetness Minikins line.

The first is a second Cotton Candy pouch, this one in pineapple fabric!  I use the one I made back in October to hold my cross-stitch floss and I love that it stands up like a little fabric box when it's unzipped.  This is going to the same friend who got the pineapple table runner last summer.


The second is the Jetset cinched bag, a new pattern for me.  My son got a marble run for Christmas and the marbles go everywhere while he's building.  It came with a tiny drawstring bag that he doesn't use because his hand doesn't fit inside.  I offered him a Cotton Candy pouch, but he wanted a string so I am going to attempt this one.  Luckily he's only five so any mistakes probably won't be noticed!  He choose the fabric for the bag.


Now to get up the motivation to start cutting and interfacing!  I'm linking up my goal here:


Comments

Patty said…
Bags are fun to make. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
Danice G said…
What a cute bag! The fabrics for the next bags are very pretty and colorful. Bag- making is addicting, isn't it?