Seventh Hour Goal Finish

Whew!  I like to try and stretch myself with my monthly goal, and this month was no exception.  I needed to make eleven more blocks for this top, then sew them together and add two borders.  Sounds easy, right?  And it should have been, except that for some reason I thought September ended on Tuesday and we had company over the weekend, which severely limited my sewing time (in a good way!).

Mondays are normally my "no sew" day, but I managed to rearrange my afternoon to get most of the sewing done.  Then it was off to swim lessons and making supper, all the time knowing that I just needed that last floral border.  I may have been helping a fourth grader with fraction homework while I sewed it on, but it got done!  Unfortunately, it was both dark and raining when I finished up, but a basement picture is better than no picture!


This one will be going into hibernation for the next month or so because I want to piece something from the new Farm Girl Vintage 2 book for an epic quilt label!  I am linking up my successful finish with Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

Patty said…
Lovely finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.