2020 Goal Recap: May

At the beginning of the month I took a look at my untouched WIP list, which really encouraged me to work on projects that I've already started.  I didn't finish anything, but I've done a good job evaluating what I'm already working on!  Lots of happy progress.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 17*
WIP List at end of month: 17
Untouched in 2020: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Catitude Pillow (Started April 2020) - The asterisk is gone and.a fully finished photo was added!

Quilts Started
None by me!  But my oldest was bored with all the rain we had Memorial Day weekend.  He's run out of ideas for my old felt scraps, so I gave him a basic primer on the iron, rotary cutter, and seam allowance and let him go crazy with all my solid scraps.  He's making an improv quilt!  The best part is it doesn't count against my WIP list because I'm completely hands-off on this project - available for consultation only!


Quilt Progress (11 WIPs touched)
My first project of the month was the April row of my Forgotten Fat Quarter quilt - these arrows were a very simple paper-pieced block.  I'm halfway through the quilt now, which means it's getting easier to get an interesting photograph.  This might be the biggest quilt I've made in a long time - it already measures about 50x70.  The best part is, it's entirely from stash so lots of random bits are being used up completely!


The May block of my guild's adventure quilt was designed by me!  Here's a round-up photo of the first five blocks - only three to go!


Making the Cut quilt - I normally make two of these at a time so I can chain piece.  Or I use them as leaders and enders.  More importantly, they are small enough so that they get me into my sewing room every day just to do something.  I started the month with 18/100 made and ended it with 42/100.


I went on a bit of a paper-piecing tear and worked on three old projects with this technique: Rainbow Blossom, the 2019 Summer Sampler, and Harry Potter! I had a lot of fun working on these three and hope at least one will make an appearance again next month!


My other two kids worked on their sewing projects too.  My youngest made 2/3 of a block, and my middle finished his rooster.


I was really hoping to finish my Wake Me Up Quilt, but fell a little short.  It's assembled, quilted, and trimmed.  I plan on attaching the binding to the front this afternoon and hand-binding it over the course of the week - no reason not to finish it first thing in June!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt. I don't think I've ever shared a picture of the leaders and enders quilt before, but I sewed a bunch of the blocks together this month and decided it was share-worthy!


Miscellaneous Accomplishments
I finished stitching my 2019 Pumpkinville Sampler (one scene released per month). Now I just need to finish it!



Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts - COMPLETE!
This month: 2
Year-to-date: 5

Goal achieved!  I packaged up these doll quilts with some Duplos and my sons helped me with a sneaky door drop.  So much fun spreading joy through quilts.


More info on the quilts: Flour Sack Shake-Up and Tula Pop.

Goal #3: Publish 3 Patterns
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 1
Year-to-date: 1

Here's a sunny version of my Adventure Quilt block - I made it into a mini quilt to hang up in my sewing room.  This pattern is currently only available to my quilt guild.


Comments