2020 Goal Recap: June

The name of the game right now is "quick sewing" - I've given up most of my early morning sewing time in favor of bike rides before the day gets too hot, so most of my sewing has been in tiny chunks.

Goal #1: Get my WIP List Under 10
WIP List at beginning of month: 17
WIP List at end of month: 17
Untouched in 2020: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Wake Me Up, Watermelon (started April 2020)
Panda Love (Pandamonium) (started July 2018)
Block Battle Mini (started April 2020)

Quilts Started (2)
I started two scrappy quilts this month, both focused on large-scale stash busting!  I'm calling them Blueberry Jam and Plaidish.  Both are intended to be quick finishes, not long-term residents of the WIP list (a girl can dream!).  I generally alternate cutting and piecing when I only have a short time to sew, but they also work as leaders and enders.

You may be wondering "How is your WIP list still at 17 if you finished three quilts and only started two?"  As part of the block battle, I wasn't allowed to say anything on social media about my participation.  So instead of saying that I had a secret sewing project I just didn't count it last month.  That's also why my "Making the Cut" blocks haven't been on Instagram - I thought it might be a giveaway that I was also in the block battle.
 
Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
I dove into my stack of Sunshine blocks and put together a sunny top!  Putting the back together and basting it is on my short list for next week.



Rainbow Blossom - Happy Block.  I've got the next pattern printed and fabric picked out, I just need to put it together.  Kristy's fabric is supposed to come out next month, but with the way everything is running behind right now I've got a little extra time to finish up this top!


Making the Cut.  I normally try to get this to a square for its end-of-month photo, but that didn't happen this time.  The bottom two rows are currently in four parts - I wanted to get all the colored parts done so I could clean up the scrap explosion that was taking over my sewing room.  Now there are only low volumes and grays laying around!


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Goal #2: Give Away 5 Quilts - COMPLETE!
This month: 0
Year-to-date: 5

Goal #3: Publish 3 Patterns
Progress made on pattern writing this month: yes
Patterns published this month: 0
Year-to-date: 1

I'm challenging myself to design a block a day in July, both to try and inspire myself and also to get more familiar with using EQ8.  I actually started yesterday.  I don't think either design will ever become an actual quilt block, but I'm excited to play and see what happens!

Comments