Blueberry Jam Quilt

Hello!  Today I am sharing my latest scrappy quilt - Blueberry Jam!  My son and I biked to the lake to get some nice pictures of it and the light ended up being funny - oops.  So just imagine we are standing closer to the lake and there aren't a bunch of trees between us and it. 


The blues on the top of this quilt are completely scrappy and all from stash.  Some squares are cut from tiny scraps and only appear once and others are from larger pieces of fabric and appear multiple times, but I made sure no fabric touched itself when I sewed the blocks together.  I did buy the tan fabric (Spectrastic in Sandstone) that I used in the pinwheels. I could have pulled that from stash too, but I was putting in an order for something else and couldn't resist my current favorite basic.  Even the batting is scrappy - it's the off-cut piece from my Sunshine Quilt (I buy a 96" roll of batting and cut what I need for each project).


The back of the quilt is a long hoarded piece of fabric from the Cotton+Steel Christian Robinson collaboration and the binding is an unknown blue solid that came from my leftover solids box.  I debated a long time between a print and a solid, but decided that because the top was so busy I needed to keep the binding simple.  The quilting is giant spirals, a pattern I use quite frequently.


This is a tiny quilt, finishing at only 40x50. I'll probably end up gifting it, but I don't have a recipient in mind right now.  As summer winds down and we move into fall it's nice to have a small quilt to snuggle with.  Plus I'm really enjoying seeing that backing print!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Such a fun quilt! I love all of the different prints combined!