A New Year of Quilting

It's a new year with lots of new projects on the horizon!  I started the year off by doing something I have been missing: paper piecing!


This block will be included in my scrap memory quilt to commemorate the Snowflake quilt I finished on New Year's Eve!  The pattern can be found here if you'd like to make one - it's nice and easy and suitable for a beginner.

I also did another one of my favorite things: reading through my quilting spreadsheeting to take notes and make plans for 2021.  My head is bursting with all the ideas I have even as my kids are asking me a million questions, mostly about food.  It looks like I have already committed myself to three deadlines in January and two in February - very optimistic!  The good news is, I'm excited about every single item I put on my list this morning, so now all I have to do is get them done!

The first item on my to-do list is to finish my Plaidish quilt.  I last worked on this during the at-home retreat my guild did in November.  I only need 16 blocks to finish the top AND the finished blocks are already assembled as much as possible.


This seems like a reasonable goal, even with all the other things I need to work on this month.  To make it easy on myself, my actual goal for this is just to finish the top and get it basted.  I'll worry about quilting it in February!  I'm linking up my first goal of 2021 with Elm Street Quilts.

Comments