One Quilty Goal: February

After a very busy January, I am back with a new set of plans for February.  I have a million ideas floating around in my head right now and not nearly enough time to sew them all!  I'm very excited about the Bernie's Mittens pattern I'm about to release and FINALLY having a full Chalk Stars reveal next month!

On top of all that, I do have another goal for this month: finishing up my Gypsy Wife quilt!  For anyone who has been around for a long time, this is the quilt I was working on when I first launched this blog.  I put the quilt on hiatus in November of 2017 and it stayed there until two weeks ago when I finally pulled it out again.


I'm actually pretty impressed with myself.  Not only are all the loose strips numbered for ease of assembly, but the coloring sheet (not shown) was actually colored in to match the blocks I made so I could figure out where all the loose blocks needed to go.  I also remember why I put the quilt on hiatus - the decision to use a print that needs to line up for the dark vertical stripes was driving me crazy!

But, with an eye on finishing this, I decided to just go with it.  If the strips aren't lining up correctly, I'll just make a tiny block to go in the space so I can realign them.  Since the picture above was taken, I've already made progress - the entire area under the koala is finished and sewn to him.  A couple of new blocks have been made for the section on the right.  As it sits right now, I'm staring at a spot that is going to need a Y-seam to be sewn together.  But all-in-all, I'm having fun puzzling this one out and am looking forward to making it into a finished quilt by the end of the month!

I'm linking up my monthly goal at Elm Street Quilts.

Comments

swooze said…
Good luck with your goal. Love your use of the lettered print.