2021 Monthly Recap: September

Back to school for the kids and a strong start to my sewing month, having tons of fun sewing up Zephyr quilts and finishing my summer scrap top!  The second half of the month got a little crazy with real life stuff and sewing unfortunately had to take a backseat to that.  But I am super excited about the Zephyr pattern and already planning round three of sewing (just have to finish the pattern editing first)!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 13
WIP List at end of month: 13
Untouched in 2021: 4
Active QAL Projects: 2
Kid Projects: 2

Quilts Finished
Pink Zephyr (August 2021)
Rainbow Zephyr (September 2021)


Quilts Started
Sew Happy Mini Quilt - A new Fat Quarter Shop quilt-along making a fun table-runner sized quilt from blocks featured in Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book.  I get a kick out of the funny-looking tag on top of the "S" - that will disappear after the top border is sewn on!


Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Summer Scrap - All done! Such a fun summer project, but it was starting to take over my design area and I am happy to move on to other projects. This one is waiting for pickup at the longarm quilter's - this is the teaser picture she sent to encourage me to come pick it up.


Rainbow Blossom - This quilt was originally a quilt-along, but of course I went off-track.  My version was missing a block in the lower corner, and when I saw Kristy's new Evening Star pattern, I knew it was what went there!  I had fun sewing it with a mix of solids and Kristy's new fabric line, Dream.


Sudoku - The last block I made is the Zephyr-inspired mini-pattern I designed for my memory scrap quilt.  I loved it so much I decided it needed to be included here (lower right corner, black diamond with a white cross).  All the blocks are done, but the blue is a little too extreme for me so I need to alter those blocks slightly.


Blocks made for both my memory scrap quilt and leaders and enders quilt.

Miscellaneous Accomplishments
Lots of miscellaneous sewing this month. I made blocks for my guild's community sewing quilt and masks for my kids.  I was hoping to finish two cross-stitch projects, but with the sewing slow-down I didn't get to it.  All on the list for next month, along with the new pattern release that I'm so excited about!

Comments

Kathy E. said…
Wow! September was a busy sewing month for you and I'm sure you're feeling accomplished in getting some items crossed off and done! I'm drawn to your Summer Scrap quilt with its colors and use of favorite fabrics...is there a name or pattern for this?