2022 Monthly Recap: April

What a month! It was all about the quilt-alongs and boy did they keep me busy!  I started the month with two tops ready for assembly and one top that needed a back, and ended the month with two finished quilts and one that is half-quilted.  I'd been feeling like I didn't have very many finishes this year and that's certainly not the case anymore!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 12
WIP List at end of month: 11
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 1

Quilts Finished
Macaron Mystery Quilt (October 2021)
Blue Zephyr (February 2022)

Quilts Started
Meeple Pillow - Test project for my 6" Meeple blocks.

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Harry Potter POD - I almost didn't have a block for this month, but then I decided I wasn't going to skip two months in a row.  Instead of making one of the more complicated blocks for the sides of the bookcase, I made this mug of Butterbeer, which Harry has plopped down on top of the bookcase before getting distracted and forgetting about it.


One, Two, Tree - Part two of the quilt-along has started - quilting each of the trees differently! She has released four sets of instructions and I've completed one and a half of them.  By next Saturday I should be all caught up!


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt, memory scrap quilt, and leaders and enders quilt. It's hard to gauge the scale of the postage stamp quilt, but in this picture it is one-fourth done and about 23" tall. It's going to be huge when it's finished!


Miscellaneous Accomplishments
I've been cross-stitching in the evenings again. I started a new stitch-along and finished up an older piece that I've been slowly working on. I am going to experiment with a new way to finish them - just waiting for some supplies to come in the mail.



Comments

Allison said…
What a great variety of projects you are working on/have finished. It's lovely the way making progress on one or two projects helps get us in the mindset to make progress on some other WIPs too.