2022 Monthly Recap: September

Fall is here!  Last month I promised that I'd be doing a lot more sewing in September, and that proved to be true.  I started three new projects, but two of them are small and won't be on my WIP list for long (it really helps that they have October deadlines).  We already had our first frost so I foresee lots of cozy days by my sewing machine in my future!

Quilt Tally
WIP List at beginning of month: 11
WIP List at end of month: 14
Untouched in 2022: 5
Active QAL Projects: 3

Quilts Finished
Meeple Colorblock Quilt (May 2022)

Quilts Started
Sew Place Like Home: A Wizard of OZ QAL.  I loved the cute Dorothy preview block, but this QAL really grabbed my attention because of the promise of a "narrative border" - I love the idea of making tons of tiny-themed blocks (Trinket is still one of my favorite projects!).  I bought the background fabric, but the rest of my quilt is going to be scrappy from my stash and focus mainly on solids, with a few prints thrown in for accents.  Dorothy's dress was a given and her shoes needed a little extra oomph too!  I couldn't decide what three colors to make my rainbow border blocks, so I went ahead and did the math to make them into six-color rainbows!


2 gifts for events in October.  I'm looking forward to sharing them as finishes next month!

Quilt Progress (5 WIPs touched)
Just My Type - I pieced the typewriter and continued assembling the quilt top.  I've been hoarding this background fabric for a long time and I'm so pleased with how it is turning out!


Black and White Kinship - My 100 Days 100 Blocks quilt officially has a name that's slightly less of a mouthful, as well as another 30 blocks.  I'm working hard to use up every scrap of fabric completely and relying on my scrap drawers when I feel like things are getting stale.


Blocks made for my postage stamp quilt, memory scrap quilt, and leaders and enders quilt.  I was hoping to finish both the July and August rows of the postage stamp quilt, but only got halfway through August.  I still believe I can catch up by the end of the year!


And that's it for now!  I have a very ambitious to-do list for October and I'm excited to share everything that's on it with you a month from now!

Comments